Monday, May 21, 2007

Kibakichi 2004

It's hard to imagine that this was made in 2004 because it feels like a 70s flick. I watched it for a while without understanding much, but the opening talks about some kind of demi-gods and a lot of weird stuff happened so I stuck with it. I only figured out that it was a Werewolf movie 50 minutes in. At the end it got pretty good because it a has a Werewolf/Other Weird Creature martial arts standoff, with a guy in a werewolf costume that reminded me of the old Godzilla movies where there's a guy in a Godzilla costume stomping through a 4 foot tall model of Tokyo. And I never figured out the connection between Werewolves and Samurai. I guess not being too into the Samurai genre, I'm a little ignorant about that part. Here's a more informed review that acknowledges how you might be scratching your head if you're me: http://www.kyonsi.com/kibakichi.htm. And while I'm diverting you, you might as well check out this link that came up on Amazon when I was looking for a good image for Kibakichi. http://amazon.com/Zombies-Breast-Implants-interests-part/lm/K9PZHUORNJY8/ref=cm_lmt_srch_f_1_rsrsrs0/103-7020206-3083050