Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Gargoyles 2007 Made For Cable

OK, I watched another Sci-Fi channel original, and I swear it's going to be the last one. They don't call it The Most Dangerous Night On Television for nothing. To give it a fair shake, let me start by telling you the premise. WWII Nazis bring gargoyles to life who then attack American planes. I thought they did a nice job making it look like a WWII film. The actors were good. The special effects were OK except in a couple of scenes they didn't so much pull it off.
A long time ago I resolved not to watch cable movies with commercials, and especially not if they've been "edited for length and content." I also don't like movies that are rated PG, or unrated because they are basically G. I think I need to get back to those resolutions. I have premium channels, and that's why I pay the big bucks. So I'm done. If the movie doesn't start with at least 6 warnings for Adult Content, Nudity, Violence, etc., etc., etc. I'm not wasting my time anymore. It's not like you would need to read this review to know you didn't want to see "Gargoyles" if you share the sensibilities I mention. You'd already know because it has commercials and big animated logos on the bottom right and no decent rating to speak of. Out.

No comments: